Peninsula Ballet School is one of the leading dance institutions on the Mornington Peninsula. At our school, we aim to foster a love of dance, welcoming both children and adults. Established in 1975, we aim to create a positive, welcoming environment which is encouraging for all.
Discover Peninsula Ballet School
About Our Studio
Located in Mornington, Peninsula Ballet School is the most comprehensive dance facility within the beautiful Mornington Peninsula region. We have 2 studios and 8 dance styles on offer for students from 18 months to adults.
Peninsula Ballet School has a long and prestigious history which began with Australian ballet ‘royalty’. Founded in 1975, the school first belonged to famous dancer Peggy Sager, who taught her school in Mount Eliza for 13 years. In 1988 Peter Dickenson took over the reins followed by Sue Hill in 1989. It was in 1995 that Miss Cate became owner and principal and began teaching the Laurel Martyn Dance System (L.M.D.S) of training.
Whether you are aiming for a professional career, looking to stay fit or finally ready to give dance a try, we have a class for you. The teachers at Peninsula Ballet School have a vast range of experience across disciplines. Our collective approach is to share our love of dance while being supportive and encouraging.
Dance Is the Hidden Language of the Soul
Dancing does far more than present the opportunity for a stage career. It enhances mental and physical growth, teaches musical appreciation, develops awareness of space, corrects posture, stimulates suppleness and develops the students creativity. The ongoing goal for Peninsula Ballet School is to pass on knowledge and enjoyment while fostering a love of dance in a fun environment with safe technique.
At Peninsula Ballet School, our mission is to pass on the joy of dance by developing creativity, encouraging and inspiring enjoyment, teaching artistry and excellence, in a happy caring environment. All students can develop their full potential at their own pace and equip themselves with self-confidence and assurance in their own achievements. Dance is a disciplined ‘art’ form, which can foster a student’s natural joy of movement. When well taught it will lay a good foundation for any form of physical activity and in fact, for life itself.
At Peninsula Ballet School we believe in:
- Family Friendly – We provide a welcoming, fun and engaging environment for all families to enjoy and thrive.
- Non-Competitive – Our non-competitive approach allows students to equip themselves with confidence and assurance, whilst developing potential at their own pace.
- Respect – The Peninsula Ballet School approach is to encourage students to show honesty, integrity and positivity to others, whilst working to the best of their ability.
- Community – We’re stronger together and can achieve so much more when we work as part of a passionate community.
- Excellence – Having a big picture goal for life sets the trajectory of your potential, our expertise and ongoing training will nurture your development helping you achieve your goals.
The Peninsula Ballet School team of trained and friendly dance instructors have a range of skills they can share with our students.